Wednesday 30 September 2009

Holy Grail Foundation...

I am currently off work and uni because I had to have emergency surgery last Thursday :( so while I am healing I guess it's a good time to write a few posts for my imaginary subbies...lol



I know a lot of bloggers have done posts on these products but I thought I would throw my two cents in there because I love them so much. The first is Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I love this foundation so much. I have quite sensitive, combination skin and it works brilliantly. It gives amazing coverage, it doesn't budge, in fact on a night out when you're dancing away you can barely sweat through it (gross but true!) and it gives a flawless, matte finish. However, I do have two minor issues with this product.


One - it retails at around £23.99 per bottle. It is a high end, high quality brand so I can't really complain about the price tag. However, I am a student, so I will lol

Two - you absolutely have to make sure you remove it every time you wear it, you can't just fall into bed when you are reaallly tired with it on because you are almost guaranteed to break out in spots or blackheads.

However, there is a fantastic dupe for this product, it may not be just as long lasting but that is probably a good thing as it is less likely to break you out should you forget to take it off. The product is (drum roll please...) Revlon Colourstay Foundation.





This product comes in two varieties; Normal/Dry and Combination/Oily and usually retails for around £11. (Boots currently have a 3 for 2 across makeup ranges - so stock up!)

I tend to have dry skin on my body but I have an oily T-Zone. I always use the foundation for combination/oily skin as it really helps prevent my face from going shiny during the day.

What Revlon Say:

Lasts up to 16 hours - transfer resistant

Oil-free shine control

SoftFlex provides all day comfort

SPF 6

What I say:

While the product could last me all day (say 9 til 9) if it had to, I do touch up or use powder maybe once or twice during the day and if I am going out in the evening I will take my makeup off and reapply. I think it doesn't look as matte or as fresh after a full day of wear.

The shine control isn't just as good as Double Wear but it beats every other foundation I have tried, so that is a definite thumbs up. There is a good selection of colours available to match with your skin but I have no idea what SoftFlex is or what it is supposed to do. A search on Google did not answer this question either. I guess it's just another made up scientific term used to encourage us to buy products...

I have repurchased this foundation many times and will continue to do so unless something even better comes along. Has anyone got any favourite foundations they think I should try? Leave a comment...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!