Friday 7 January 2011

New Goodies

So I called into Superdrug today thinking the 3 for 2 across all makeup lines was still on. It wasn't. I still made a few purchases but not as many as I had intended, which is probably a good thing!

First up is Carmex Cherry...in a squeezy tube! This must be new because I definitely would have purchased before. I love, love, love Carmex Cherry. It is moisturising, smells delicious and has a slight tingly feeling when applied. I always buy it in the small tin, which is cute but troublesome. I'm not a fan of finger applied products, it is slightly gross, you often end up with fluff in the pot and what do you do with the leftover goo on your fingertip?? Carmex pots aren't as big as say Vaseline pots either so if you have long nails you always end up with some stuck under them. So this little beauty is amazing at £1.99.

Original Packaging


New little life saver

I love using this product as a base for lip-stick, or rather I use this first then apply lip-liner all over the lip for strong, stay put colour.

I also purchased Batiste Dry Shampoo for brunettes. I have been dubious of trying this product before as my hair is so dark I was sure it would show but I recently tried Tresseme's colourless dry shampoo and loved it, though it is a little more pricey so I thought I would give this one a go, fingers crossed.

I wash my hair every other day but on the in between days I find my hair is flatter than when I first wash it. Using dry shampoo seems to give it a little more life and lift at the root.

I was tempted to try a new mascara as both of my Holy Grail products seem to be discontinued :( I was a big fan of L'Oreal Volume Shocking and then discovered Voluminous. Volume Shocking is impossible to find and Voluminous is becoming just as tough to get my hands on, which is so sad as I truely love it! I was going to try the new Million Lashes as I have heard good things and it would seem either L'Oreal's brush designs or formulas work wonders for me, but it is quite pricey for a drugstore product so I'm holding off for a while.

Finally I purchased some necessary hairdye and body spray. I usually reach for Impulse or Charlie but thought I would give the very afforadable Superdrug own brand a try, and I am so glad I did. Flirty is a sweet vanilla-y scent which I adore and compliments my perfumes nicely.

A lot of the Gosh range is half price at the moment for those who are fans, I managed to resist splurging, but only just. Having spent quite a lot lately and planning to book a holiday I dragged myself away from the stand.

An item I picked up for only £1.99 which isn't beauty related was a gorgeous coconut scented candle in a faux coconut shell, beautiful and practical because when I have burned it I'm going to use it to hold jewellery/more candles in my room, so pretty!

So, any mascara suggestions? I could use a hint or two!

Happy Shopping

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!