Tuesday 11 January 2011

Postal Surprises

My products from The Body Shop which I ordered during their half price sale, with an extra 20% off and free delivery (!) arrived today. At first I didn't know what this massive box was and when I opened it I got a lovely wee surprise. I splurged a little in the sales this year, but I think they were sensible splurges!

I don't usually use Body Shop products, partly because there isn't a store near me, only a concession stand and they add 10-20% on to the prices and partly because I find them a little expensive. I will pay for foundation and eyeshadows but I find a lot of cheaper body care ranges work just as well as the more expensive ones. So when this sale was announced I thought I would stock up on some items.

I love The Body Shop's Body Butters, they smell so yummy and are very thick and luxurious, and I love Shea Butter for its smell and moisturising properties so I picked up a Shea Butter Gift Set reduced from £30 to £15, which at checkout came in at £12 with the extra discount :D

The set is very pretty, I almost feel bad for keeping it and using it myself, almost!
It contains 250ml Shower Cream, 200ml Body Butter, 200ml Body Scrub, a bar of Shea Butter Soap and a shower scrunchie.

I also picked up two small gift sets which were £5 each (£4 with extra discount) I may use these as gifts as I don't really need them, but they are in my favourite scents, coconut and satsuma.

Both sets come in lovely mesh washbags and contain a 75ml Body Polish, 60ml Shower Gel, 50ml Body Butter and a mini shower scrunchie, they would be perfect to take on holiday actually.

Really happy with these purchases so I may keep an eye out for future sales!

Happy Shopping!
xo

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the body shop brand. When you buy their body butter you are buying in to more than just a product, you are buying in to the philosophy that things that your put on your skin should be made from all natural products, and that companies should be ethical, making a stand to not test on animals for example. The staff are always very helpful and the whole atmosphere of the shops always cheers me up.

    The body butter is like a thick moisturiser, designed for your body (although I have used it on my face without any problem when I have run out of face moisturiser). If you prefer a runny moisturiser then this product may not be for you, but it does rub in well, and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and really well moisturised. This feeling lasts for hours as well. The best thing about the butters is the wonderful flavours. They are all quite strong smelling, and tend to be fruity or nutty. They have the traditional cocoa butter, or a wide variety of others, my personal favourites being strawberry, mango and the new pink grapefruit. They are always adapting their range so you won't get bored.

    The item is a bit of a luxury, with a large pot costing £12, but it really will last you a long time, an advantage of the thicker moisturiser compared to the runny sort. You can also buy a smaller pot if you wish at around half the price, and the butters are often on offer, or available discounted at retail outlet stores. They are definitely worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nancy Do you work for the Body Shop? Lol I have used Superdrug body butter and Boots own brand too and while they do the job the scent isn't as strong and the cream not as thick, surprisingly they also take longer to sink in but they are about a fifth of the price. Was so chuffed I got those products for 50% off and then 20% off that price again, bargain! Will have to keep an eye out for deals as I don't think I can justify £12 or so on Body Butter, I love it, just not that much :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!!