Thursday 28 October 2010

Polish Pondering...

I have recently become a nail polish fan, I was always taken with a french manicure and well shaped nails but was never keen on painted nails, at least not on me.

The last time I owned polishes I was probably around six or seven, had a good few of them, and painted with them occasionally, mostly walls and soft-furnishings...

I think polished nails look better with a tan, particularly colours which otherwise would make you look a little, well, dead. Blues, greys and purples for example. I love Barry M's bright colours but again not on me, so when I decided to buy some polishes I did it tentatively and safely, neutrals with a hint of shimmer and in warm autumnal colours, and so far the cheapies are winning.

I own Barry M, Revlon, Collection 2000, 17, No.7, Stargazer and Rimmel...

Barry M have a fanastic colour selection, are reasonably priced and are of good quality.

Revlon have some great colours, are a good size, have good colour pay off and seem to last pretty well.

Collection 2000 I will pass on in future same with No.7.

Stargazer are very afforable, have some great colours, dry very quickly and 2 coats make it opaque, they also last for a good amount of time.

Rimmel are a bit blah, blah colours, blah pricing and blah quality.

But my winner so far? 17 Fast Finish. Good price, some great colours, quite good drying time and last really well. The best part for me is the brush, I'm guessing its the length of it, it is quite short and stubby but I find it the easiest to use, it is easy to control and I rarely "go over the lines" and need touchups.

After reading BeautyMarked19's blogpost on their new shades I had to try them, I already owned Toasted Almond, a shimmery neutral colour that goes with everything and always gets me compliments.



So thanks to her for the recommendation, 3 for 2 at Boots at the minute too, so I was a happy camper! Also I might have "borrowed" her image as mine looked keek in comparison, I got the brown shimmer, ruby shimmer and a rich green shimmer (not pictured).

Happy Shopping!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!