Friday 22 October 2010

When You Find A Beauty...

When Sleek finally arrived at my local Superdrug, I got ridiculously excited, I had heard such great reviews and can honestly say that the products I have tried so far are fantastic!

First up the much talked about palettes, I have three of these (Original, Storm and Sunset) and had to talk myself out of buying the others simply because I would never use them as I don't really wear acid bright colours.



The palettes are £5.99 on the site, I don't know if the price of these has increased but I'm pretty sure when I purchased in store it was cheaper. I would definitely pay £5.99 for these as the quality, pigmentation and colours are brilliant. I think they are better applied with a sponge applicator and then blended out with a brush as applying with a brush gives a more subtle wash of colour.

Will definitely repurchase and look out for new autumnal palettes *hint hint*...

Next is the Ink Pot. I wanted to try a high end gel liner but before I spent the cash I thought I would try a cheaper version. I think in the UK there are very few highstreet brands that offer a gel liner, and as I have never used another brand I don't know if I can give a good opinion but I think this is fab. The colour is very true, the formula nice and creamy and it stays on really well. Mine did dry up slightly after a few months (I did leave the lid off overnight once) but I just added a little water and it was fine. The very mini brush that comes with it is a tad pointless but usable.



These are priced £3.99 on the site and come in a range of colours.

On to blush. Very, very pigmented, a little goes a long way. Lovely consistency and lasts a long time. I use mine religiously, probably for around 9 months now and only hit pan a few weeks ago. I will repurchase! I am quite pale but use tanner and bronzer, so I am rarely my natural colour :S I have Coral and want to try others!



Finally I have tried a Pout Polish in Perfect Plum. I love the colour of this gloss, it is very rich and creamy. I don't think it is as moisturising as the site makes out, actually found it a little drying. Again with this a little goes a long way or you will look slightly ridiculous due to the pigmentation. I don't reach for this product very much at all, I find mine has an odd smell/taste, not unpleasant, just odd.



These are £3.99 on the site and come in a range of colours. While it isn't my favourite Sleek product, I would try it in another colour.

I was going to purchase some new sleek products in store this week, but seeing the site has made me want to have a nosey now. I feel I can purchase online with this brand as I know the quality of their products is very good, the images online are pretty true to real life colours and after my disappointing Eyeko haul I could do with a pick me up.

There are so many products I want to try from this brand. I don't think I will try the foundation, as I am very loyal when it comes to that product! But I do want to try *deep breath* some of their powders, concealer (I have never found a really great one), contour powders (I have never really attempted it), eye dusts, mascara, kajal eyeliner (looks scary!), lip sticks and nail polishes...

So far I am very impressed with this brand, it is unfortunate that my local stockist isn't very well stocked, or tidy, which makes shopping for it in person a little "meh", although you can get student discount in store...

Any suggestions on great products from this brand, or promotions they run?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!