Thursday 28 October 2010

Sleek Today, Gone Tomorrow...

In a previous post I mentioned that I would happily purchase Sleek products from their website as I trust their quality and the colours on the site are quite true to life. Let me rephrase that, I would happily REPURCHASE products from their website. I much prefer buying goods in person.

What's the difference I hear you cry??

Well I like to feel consistency before buying a product, I like to see the colour on my skin - not just in an image and I like to get an overall idea of product quality and performance, I can't do that by shopping online.

Why is this an issue I hear you protest! Sleek is stocked in Superdrug!

Alas no more. I have been informed it is being "discontinued" just like Eyeko was previously. Considering the surge in popularity both of these brands have received mainly due to the blogging community, I simply don't understand why they would take a seemingly backward step when it comes to product distribution in the market. Many products go from small start-up companies who distribute via their own website, to wanting and aiming to be stocked in stores. These brands appear to be doing the opposite and I simply don't understand why...

I saw a Pout Polish online I was tempted by but when I saw it instore I realised how pigmented it was and how unsuitable it would be for me. Had I purchased online I would have been frustrated and disappointed when it arrived, even though it wouldn't be the company's fault it did not suit me, and I would have had a negative experience with the company, reducing the chances of me wanting to buy from them again - see my Eyeko experience...

So all in all I think this is a sad day for the beauty world, and for these brands. I say we start a petition for them to be stocked in stores, now who is with me?!

xo

3 comments:

  1. Yes I don't understand the backwardness of some companies. I heard from someone who went to the eyeko event that they stopped selling in superdrug because the store was buyin the products to sell far too grainy for the company to sell there anymore. Basically hey made more of a profit online. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Georgina

    Hmm I wonder if Eyeko will keep making a good profit now they've increased their prices so much? It has to be negatively affecting sales. I thought Sleek would have sold really well in store and I'm kinda annoyed I have to purchase online now...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!!