Thursday 8 October 2009

Goodies!!

Decided to treat myself today as I have been a little down. Went into town and after much deliberation decided to try out gel nails. I have seen lollipop26 talk about hers on her blog and YT vids and I have always been curious so I gave them a go! What pushed me into it was the 20% student discount...not bad eh??

I went for round tips as I feel square ones are too noticable and I wouldn't be comfortable with them. I am really pleased with them and I can see how people would never want to take them off as they are so pretty, won't break or snag and you can paint them if you want. However, I know that having them on for long periods can weaken and damage your nail underneath so I think I will take these off (if I can bear it!) after a while and stick with manicures. But I will definitely be getting them for special occaisions like my birthdy and Christmas.

Superdrug and Boots are getting their 3 for 2 Christmas goodies in, which always excites me as I end up buying stuff for me too at great prices. (My "two for you, one for me" philosophy never lets me down!) I showed some restraint today though as I am not 100% better yet so I will leave xmas shopping until the bf is with me to carry it all :)

I got my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and there was a Bonus Offer on where if you bought any 2 products you got a great mini makeup set free. So obviously I couldn't say no! I usually wait for this offer before purchsing my foundation as they happen two or three times a year. I wanted to get on board with the whole 80's Fame thing and try one of the coloured mascaras as I heard great reviews from Pixiwoo...But they were all sold out :( I couldn't decide on what else to get but I didn't want the offer to pass me by so I got a back up of my foundation...

But the most exciting news for me today was that my Superdrug finally got Sleek cosmetics! I was so happy it was ridiculous! So I snatched up a black ink pot to play around with, if I like it I might invest in a high end gel liner. And I got two palettes which I was thrilled with. I plan to do a review once I've had time to play with them. The colours look gorge and for under £5 I think they are fab, the pigmentation is really good and some colours are comparable to Urban Decay.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!