Wednesday 7 October 2009

Next Big Thing...

Lollipop26 tried Nude Cleansing Oil (around £22) and loved it, then hated it. I would have combination skin but the thought of using an oil to cleanse my face leaves me shuddering as the next day I am sure my makeup would just run off my face after application and I would scare people with a reflective surface for a face.



However, I have been informed that this is not the case and that Oil Cleansers are going to become very popular (and hopefully cheaper!) So here are all the reasons why we should convert and tips on choosing the best one.

* Oil cleansers clean deeper than most other types. They trap impurities and remove them from your skin. They won't leave an oily film on your face if you add water when removing it. It will emulsify the oil into a cleansing milk and rinse off easily. If you want to ensure you have removed all excess use a toner afterwards.

* They are good for oily skin as they trick your skin into thinking it has produced enough oil, therefore producing less in future. Ones that contain sage or lavender can help reduce breakouts. Choose a "dry oil" cleanser, these sink in quickly and leave a matte finish.

* They are super moisturising as they lock in moisture (like a body oil) and can reduce ageing. Ensure your oil is non-comedogenic, this means it won't block pores and cause nasty blackheads.

So those are the top tips for choosing an oil cleanser...but I have to say I am not yet convinced...And I think I will be waiting until a cheaper alternative becomes available before testing it out. (Unless baby oil counts??)

What do you think??
Post a comment!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the waiting til a cheaper one becomes available. Having combination skin with an oily t zone, I'm not convinced about how one would work for me so I couldn't justify spending £20+. It would have to be a pretty amazing cleanser to make me want to spend that on it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @emma I'm not a big one for trying new things if I find something I really like so unless I hear a lot of good reports I doubt I'll purchase. Though I have heard of people using Baby Oil to remove mascara...
    x

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!!