Monday 5 October 2009

Me Me Me

No, this isn't a self obsessed post, I promise!

MeMeMe is a makeup company, stocked in many Superdrug stores, which has some really good products at affordable prices. They often have special offers and a good few of their products are dupes for high end brands, even the packaging is really similar. I'm going to suggest the items I think are worth getting and the ones I would stay away from...

Hot!

1. Shimmy Shimmers - dupe for Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks


RRP £3.99

Available in 3 shades, these are gorgeous! The tan can be used as a bronzer but I prefer matte bronzers so I don't use it for this purpose, I love it as a blusher/highlight. The individual lines can also be used as eyeshadow as they don't smudge into each other when you run your powder brush over them. If you want a lighter glow, concentrate your brush towards where the white is and if you want a deeper colour concentrate towards the bottom end of the palette.


RRP £27.99

2. Beat the Blues Liquid Highlight - dupe for Benefit High Beam


RRP Around £4.00

This is great as a highlighter, though I do find it a little difficult to blend as it dries very quickly. I much prefer using this product as an eyeshadow base. Works really well and as I usually wear shimmer eyeshadows I think this makes a difference to the final look.


RRP £16.50

3. Pussycat/Poppy Tint - dupe for Benefit Bene-tint/Posie Tint


RRP £3.38


RRP £22.50

Pussycat is more of a stain, the colour is buildable and long lasting. I haven't tried this product on my cheeks, just my lips as it is quite watery and I'm a little afraid to try it on my face in case I ruin my makeup! lol Poppy Tint is harder to find, it may be discontinued?? Either way they are worthwhile purchases.



Honourable Mentions:

I haven't tried any of the mascaras myself but I have heard good reports. The single eyeshadows are quite well pigmented and quite easy to blend. If you like bright, original colours it is worth a look but if you prefer a natural eye steer clear. There are some great colour choices in the lipsticks and they are quite moisturising. Favourite lipgloss from the range is the Light Me Up glosses which have a light in the applicator and a mirror on the side of the tube for easy application. Also a great conversation starter!

Not!

I would steer clear of the Ultra Glosses, they have an unusual smell and come in rather strange colours which are highly pigmented. If it looks bright orange in the tube it will be bright orange on your lips! The eyeliners aren't the worst I've ever tried but I have found some really good ones at great prices so I just wouldn't bother. I haven't tried the nail polishes so I can't really comment but when I worked in Superdrug we used to end up getting rid of a lot of them because the colours seperated. And finally the foundations. They weren't great sellers, MeMeMe were working on them when I left Superdrug a year ago. Just don't go there.

This post has made me realise I need to re-purchase a few things...yay! lol

Happy Shopping!

xx

2 comments:

  1. great post! will definatley be checkout out these dupes xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LizzysLifestyleDiary Thanks! I got a bit lost thinking of what I could post about next when I was putting my makeup on this morning and this popped into my head lol

    Now I just need a few more ideas!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!!